Marcelle is a new Italian bistro that opened up recently near Dosan Park, dishing up delicious food in an airy, refined space. We ordered:
* Brussels sprouts with fig jam, grapes and mint yogurt - I loved the combo of the jam, yogurt and granola with the sprouts. A nice, healthy appetiser to balance out all the carbs you’ll be eating!
* Scallops with broccolini - The scallops were cooked perfectly, and the thin potato chips and accompanying sauce were perfect complements.
* Eggplant lasagna - Marcelle’s lasagna is made of eggplant slices instead of pasta sheets, and is a flavourful, healthy alternative to your traditional lasagna. The cheese and meat ragu keep it hearty and moreish.
* Truffle mushroom cream pappardelle - Amazing noodles, cooked perfectly al dente and swimming in an indulgent cream sauce. Lots of plump mushrooms too!
* Creme brûlée - This seems to be the most popular dessert here (fun fact, all their desserts are from Sona!), and I can see why. There were tons of vanilla beans swimming in the custard, and the bruleed top was nice and crisp. We only wish it had been served a little warmer.
Overall, great food in an elegant setting! I’d come back again to try their gnocchi and other pasta dishes.